Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I'm back!

Wow, my last post was from February 2013...

Clearly, blogging really isn't my thing--then again, I may have created this blog just to boost my chances of getting into MIT, so my desire to keep up with the blog fed off my rather vain desire to get into MIT.

Hindsight: I know, I know. That was a very cheap and crude application booster. Well what can I say, when I was young and stupid...I was young and stupid. 

At any rate, now that I'm not trying to kiss-ass to MIT, I feel kinda liberated, so I'm gonna make this more of a general-purpose blog à la 2004 with a slight focus on science/tech because that's who I am. Here goes!

Last week, I was reflecting on personal goals that I had set out throughout the past school year. I was disappointed in myself for having not reached those goals--especially since many of those goals were pushes at breaking bad habits that I had previously attempted multiple times. Alas, I reminded myself that I had reached some of my goals, that Rome wasn't built in a day, and that I couldn't build the "ideal" Farid Saemi in a day--and suddenly I remembered this.

AREN'T THEY SUCH AWESOME LYRICS?!?!? sooo catchy!

Mysterious hooded man watches from a distance
Take a second to look awesome, time to go
Walk in slow-motion
So you still look awesome.
Guard just saw you,
And he's gonna shot you.
But don't mind him
Just keep looking awesome.

I digress. The reason why I'm blogging about it is because that sudden connection--between me meditatively thinking "Rome wasn't built in a day" and my brain remembering a video in which the singer says that line--really blew my mind (no pun intended). No other computer/processing thing would ever make that connection. None. Not even IBM's Watson.

The brain is truly a completely different universe floating inside every human's skull. Inside it, wormholes connect totally different systems to each other based on such simple links as a "Rome wasn't built in a day"--that's so freakin' cool! Although I'm studying engineering, I'd like to learn more the brain--or perhaps help fund brain research in the future when I'm floating in engineering money :)

At any rate, that's all I have for now. Thanks for reading, and bon voyage!



No comments:

Post a Comment